“Take a Step Against Domestic Violence Virtual 5K Walk/Run” and The 14th Annual Purple Light Nights® Tree Lighting
Please join us for our VIRTUAL 5K as we share the important message that domestic violence has no place in our community. COVID has impacted us all in one way or another, domestic violence numbers have sadly continued to rise since the stay at home orders have been mandated across the country. Our task force works hard to support victims/survivors and their families. Although we are not able to host the 14th annual PLN tree lighting ceremony and BBQ this year, we will continue the 5K in a virtual manner. Here’s how it works:
- REGISTER NOW, DEADLINE IS SEPT. 30th at: RUNSIGNUP.COM Each participant will receive a free window cling with our logo and a participation ribbon in the mail, as a thank you.
- Snap pictures of your walk/run and post them on FB or Instagram using the hashtag #PLN2020
- Our team will be looking for those wearing the most creative purple costumes. $50 prize will be awarded to the winner so remember to use the hashtag to submit your photo. To be entered into the contest, email pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Sept. 30, 2020 for your chance to win the $50 prize.
PARTICIPATING IN THE VIRTUAL 5K IS SUPER EASY:
- Register and plan your training
- Share with your family and friends so they can virtually do it with you
- Plan your purple outfit, the more the better. Pets included!
- Walk or run a 5K anytime during the month of September
- Post a picture on FB or Instagram using the hashtag #PLN2020, then email pictures to email@example.com by Sept. 30th to be entered in the contest.
The walk is a way to remember those who lost their lives due to domestic abuse, and honor the survivors of DV. All proceeds go to the Covington DV Task Force to provide direct services to victims and their children as well as education to the community.